Join Our Team
Why Join Plum Tree?
We support our therapy team by providing professional development that includes weekly education seminars plus two weekly peer-to-peer supervision sessions. In addition, we handle all office tasks so clinicians time is spent in their areas of expertise.
The Ideal Candidate
Patients are primarily 3 – 25 years old. Parents are almost always involved in treatment. In-person sessions are required. We have a cozy, professional setting. Scheduling, electronic medical records, billing, marketing, and supplies are all provided. Candidate must have a license to practice psychotherapy in Illinois as an LCPC, LCSW, LPC, Ph.D., or Psy.D. Candidates must demonstrate passion for continued personal development, as evidenced by staying up-to-date on research and clinical trends and practices. Candidates for Therapist positions must be adept in applying evidence-based standards of care, including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Strong candidates will have undergone additional training in other specialized treatments (e.g., Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Play Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Family Systems Therapy, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing, etc.).
- Comfortable working with children and/or adolescents
- Master’s Degree or Doctoral Degree
- Active license to practice in Illinois as an LCPC, LCSW, LPC, Ph.D., or Psy.D.
- Exceptional self-awareness
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to assess, diagnose, and treat children who may have mild, moderate, or severe psychiatric symptoms.
- Ability to identify and implement coping skills/treatment plans
- Enthusiasm to develop professional skills and to accept constructive feedback
- Awareness of cultural diversity
- Ability to provide constructive and collaborative peer feedback/support
- Exceptional ability to provide psychoeducation to parents and families
- Exceptional ability to support development of behavioral modification plans for parents to use at home
- Ability to identify needs for referrals for ancillary and augmented evaluation/care
- Must adhere to legal, ethical, and professional standards of care
- Must pass a background check
Candidate will have the knowledge and ability to provide quality care to our patients and their families. You must be well-versed in the most recent child and adolescent therapies and techniques.
Interested in joining our team? Click the button to Contact Us and add ‘Plum Tree Position’ to the subject line.